T2424: Add a direct unwatch link to entries on Special:Watchlist is broken by the new Watchlist UI. The unwatch links fail to appear. To test this out, enable watch/unwatch links from Preferences > Watchlist and go to the watchlist with the new filters enabled.
|mediawiki/core : master||RCFilters: restore watch/unwatch link|
|mediawiki/core : wmf/1.30.0-wmf.19||RCFilters: Don't remove mw-changeslist-line-prefix in enhanced mode|
|mediawiki/core : master||RCFilters: Don't remove mw-changeslist-line-prefix in enhanced mode|
- Mentioned In
- T164234: Provide "RC Filters" functionality on the watchlist
T176254: [betalabs] monobook RC page with filters and 'Grouped results by page' does not display markers
- Mentioned Here
- T176684: Unwatch/watch links are not displayed for grouped Move log entries
T172350: Consolidate preferences for all 'Change Monitoring' pages
T2424: Add a direct unwatch link to entries on Special:Watchlist
The patch makes the 'x'es appear, but they don't actually work in the new UI (neither in enhanced mode nor in non-enhanced mode). When you click the 'x' in the new UI in non-enhanced mode, it goes to a new page rather than using AJAX, and in enhanced mode it does nothing at all.
The action of clicking on watch/unwatch list is difficult to see now in betalabs since there are problems with maintaining proper user sessions. However, the fix worked properly - displaying a popup informing user that the page was, indeed, deleted from the watchlist and crossing out and greying out unwatched pages.
Currently - there are two issues present (most likely due to the above mentioned issue in betalabs).
- missing 'x'
- redirecting to a different page when the cross icon is clicked
I will be re-checking the issue periodically, waiting when betalabs will be more cooperating.
Re-checked - it seems to be working (betalabs still has some user session handling issues, so often a user is kicked out after clicking on x due to the user session re-assessment).
- All entries on Watchlist are displayed with x. There are log entries - Move log, Protect log etc - that have x. Clicking on it will remove moved/protected pages from a user's Watchlist.
- Grouped changes to a page have x which will remove the watched page.
- After removing a page from Watchlist via x, the page can be added to Watchlist by clicking on +
There is a bug T176684: Unwatch/watch links are not displayed for grouped Move log entries which needs to be triaged.