Steps towards providing automatic infoboxes. The initial steps in the sub-task are targeted at communities with no to very little Infobox infrastructure.
- Infoboxes are hard to impossible to maintain for small communities. They mostly copy templates and modules from big wikis.
- Infoboxes make inconsistent or no use of semantic markup. This impacts discoverability and reusability by 3rd parties.
- Infobox content is very hard to adapt to different form factors and use cases, because the content is closely tied to the page content.
- We want to make Infobox content machine readable.
- We want the representation to be easily and consistently derivable from the input data.
- Deploy Capiunto to all the Wikis
- Provide infobox “placeholder”, no options for customization
- (If needed) Clearly defined narrow most hooks (NO html, wikitext manipulation or anything, only simple atomic in place (filter/ sort/ …) operations!)
- (If needed) Allow *hiding* (HIDING ONLY) some value per page
- Hiding only to not introduce unstructured data (wikitext/html)