Page MenuHomePhabricator

[BUG] Incorrect variant issues on Tab title
Closed, ResolvedPublicBUG REPORT

Description

Steps to reproduce

  1. Log out Wikipedia account, and reopen the app.
  2. Search "Obama" in "zh-hant" language code, and click the first result.
  3. Clicks on the tab icon to see the current tabs

(same issue happens in "zh-hans" language code)

Expected

  1. The title in the article and the title on the tab should be in the same variant

Actual

Tab title are inconsistent (you can see the red circles below)

consistence.png (1×693 px, 594 KB)

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript

Is the root of the issue related to T149027? IIRC, the original title an article is created is getting shown in search results and previews without being converted to the user set variant.

Change 424477 had a related patch set uploaded (by Cooltey; owner: Cooltey):
[apps/android/wikipedia@master] Fix: Showing incorrect article title in the reading lists

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/424477

@RHo
Yes, it is. We cannot update the original title that shows on the search results before loading the leading section.

hi @cooltey - I just ran the test and now the incorrect variant title is showing not only on the tab, but also on the article title itself, which is even worse than the inconsistency in the tab bar since now the main article content is showing incorrectly.

Recommend reverting this change until the root issue T149027 is solved.

Unexpected result - Main article title now shows in the wrong (simplified) variant on the article itself:

image.png (640×360 px, 237 KB)

@RHo
Please see my comment in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T191629#4112485

And regarding to the screenshot you have, please see the ticket T191580

Before testing the issue for this ticket, please log out your Wikipedia account.

hey @cooltey - so I logged out and cleared cache so the title now matches the content. However, now the original bug remains where the text in the tab bar and dialog text does not match article text.
See the demo here: https://youtu.be/Rv8Q4EzB5dc

@RHo
Yes, my patch (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/424477/) is still in CodeReview, and it fixes the issue of the Tab titledoes not match the article title but does not fix the ContextMenu Dialog issue.

Change 472751 had a related patch set uploaded (by Cooltey; owner: Cooltey):
[apps/android/wikipedia@master] Fix: Chinese variants issues that title in the lists does not match the article itself

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/472751

Change 472751 abandoned by Dbrant:
Fix: Chinese variants issues that title in the lists does not match the article itself

Reason:
currently on github

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/472751

Restricted Application changed the subtype of this task from "Task" to "Bug Report". · View Herald TranscriptAug 5 2019, 8:08 PM
cooltey renamed this task from [BUG] Incorrect variant issues in Tabs and ContextMenu dialog to [BUG] Incorrect variant issues on Tab title.Aug 31 2019, 12:27 AM
cooltey updated the task description. (Show Details)

Updated the task description since we've changed a context dialog to a popup menu, and there's no title will be shown on the popup menu.