With the overhauled WikimediaUI color palette, we've identified and set our main accent blue to #36c.
Our current Vector/MinervaNeue style doesn't only feature one different tone, it makes a differentiation in color between internal (both, same-page links like from TOC as inner-domain links on en.wikipedia.org to other en.wikipedia.org pages) and interwiki (f.e. other language wikis) or external website links.
@Quiddity has provided a collection of those links. Screenshot
In my opinion, all links should be treated equally in shade, because
- the slight color difference might either not be realized at all, questioning the reason for it first-place or
- imposes rather confusion than actual help for majority of users, see for example user statement at T63557
- there's due to color system limitations it's pretty much impossible to find colors that are distinct enough from running text and distinct enough from each other
- we would still feature an icon for external links to indicate them, which is – in contrast to color – a good indicator
- T63557: Color of Interwikilinks / external links should be changed to be more distinguishable from Wikilinks
- T185083: Consistently style links (internal, inter-wiki and external)
- T190549: Differentiate between internal, interwiki and external links visually
- T191405: Mark interwiki links as external links when they fall outside the WMF family