In the last year’s Google Code-in, students researched on open source team communication and collaboration tools, documented them and added a conclusion in which they made a recommendation for a tool that Wikimedia could use for its various outreach activities, events, and team communication. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research_on_open_source_team_communication_tools
Since last year, tools listed in the documentation have received new updates and features. There are also a few tools like Gitter (that was previously not open source but has recently become), Discourse and others that are missing from the page. This task is about updating the documentation for existing tools, add documentation for new tools, and modify the conclusion section.
Steps to proceed:
- Choose one tool from the research or a new tool that you would like to research on.
- Add the tool name, your name and task status to the table in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T179989 (see the Phabricator help)
- Do your research on the tool
- Based on your findings, add or modify documentation on new or existing tools on the research
- Update the table below, change the task status, and add what new changes you made
Tool documentation added / modified:
|Tool name||Your name||Task status (claimed, in progress, completed)||What changes did you make?|
T154002: Identify, research, and document open-source team communication & collaboration tools