I think this needs investigation. If it is possible, please rewrite this task.
|Open||None||T181090 Epic: Can the engage import dedupe on import?|
|Resolved||Eileenmcnaughton||T189617 Step 1 , 2 and 3 of engage import|
|Resolved||Eileenmcnaughton||T190119 Fix issues with Geocoder extension enabling disabled geocoders|
SO I looked at the s/sheet & analysed the first few & see that in general they don't have emails but I'm finding
- Contact for whom there is a single match in CiviCRM based on first name + last name + street address + city + postal code. This seems like the easiest & we can merge them civicrm/contact/view?reset=1&cid=490772
- Contact for whom there is a single match in CiviCRM based on first name + last name + email (same as #1)
- Contact has multiple matches based on the above. Option 1 - throw an exception & have someone go through & merge - probably after the first import this might be improved & perhaps then we would loosen to Option 2 - merge to the most recent contact who has source - 'check' civicrm/contact/view?reset=1&cid=19960248
- Contact has limited info - ie. just name + multiple matches based on that. IF ONLY 1 has source - 'check' acivicrm/contact/view?reset=1&cid=25885358
- variants on limited info - how little must there be?
I'm thinking about adding an 'Engage Strict' import that will reject ones it's not sure about matching while we hone our rules. We can easily pick off the ones that meet criteria we have decided on & then focus on others. This means we will get some pretty easily
General note - we seem to be able to identify engage donors in 2 ways 1) source=check 2) already has a donation of type Engage. At this stage I'm using the former but the latter is an option. Hmm - would not work for civicrm/contact/view?reset=1&cid=427095
This task has been assigned to the same task owner for more than two years. Resetting task assignee due to inactivity, to decrease task cookie-licking and to get a slightly more realistic overview of plans. Please feel free to assign this task to yourself again if you still realistically work or plan to work on this task - it would be welcome!
For tips how to manage individual work in Phabricator (noisy notifications, lists of task, etc.), see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T228575#6237124 for available options.
(For the records, two emails were sent to assignee addresses before resetting assignees. See T228575 for more info and for potential feedback. Thanks!)