Look around online and find environmentally friendly event organization ideas. Make a list of links pointing to these resources and write up a list of tips for event organizers to consider when planning an in-person event.
We want to add a page to our event documentation to help make events more green. Our event documentation is an open guide for event organizers with tips and ideas surrounding good event organization practices. Currently we do not have much guidance to help make events "green."
"Green" in this case means helping to help reduce waste and have a low impact on the environment.
Some examples of this are:
- Using washable or compostable plates and utensils instead of plastic plates
- Water fountains instead of plastic water bottles
- Holding the event walking distance from the hotel or near public transportation so people don't need to drive
- Making sure you know how many people will be attending before you order food so that you don't end up with to much that you need to throw away
- Recycling name badge holders and lanyards to use at the next event
- Avoid sending out paper invitations, instead send out digital invites
- If some people don't finish their food and leave leftovers, donate them to a local foodbank
What other tips and ideas can you find?
All of your writing should be freely published under an open license (like https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ ) to be reused. Your writing may ultimately end up on a wiki so others will have the chance to change, add to, and edit it.