Long dropdown menus (e.g. select namespace) are overlapped by namespace tabs and personal menu when they open upwards. Most easily seen at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ActiveUsers:
Original bug report:
in "move page" ui in vector, the namespace combo-box opens either upward or downward, depending on screen height and scroll-position.
when it opens upwards, the items above the upper tab-bar (aka #mw-head ), are not clickable.
this issue was raised by users on hewiki unable to move pages from "draft" to "article" namespace.
see screenshot: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AMovepage-issue.png
- log in to enwiki into account with "move" permissions. use vector skin
- click "move" under the "more" menu in upper toolbar
- in the special:movepage screen, click the namespace input line
- if the namespace list box opens downwards, close it and play with browser window height and scroll position, until it opens upwards (see screenshot)
- notice that the items in the list overlapping top toolbar ( #mw-head element), are not clickable.