Page MenuHomePhabricator

Pages marked for translation are doing very strange things in VE
Closed, DuplicatePublic

Description

Translations in VE are cutting content up and moving it around in ways that make it unintelligible.

From: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_Readers

I'm confident that I've got the wrong project tags on this, so please correct/add as needed.

Event Timeline

atgo created this task.Dec 12 2017, 6:53 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptDec 12 2017, 6:53 PM
Deskana triaged this task as High priority.Dec 12 2017, 7:38 PM
Deskana moved this task from To Triage to TR0: Interrupt on the VisualEditor board.

This is bad. This seems to be happening on any page that uses translation markup. I tested on mediawiki.org on the Help:CirrusSearch page, the Phabricator page, and the Project:About page, which all have translate tags in them, and this bug is happening on all of them.

This needs investigation.

@atgo Sorry about this. I think this was fixed as part of T183590. The fix for that should be going live on Meta-Wiki tomorrow at around 2pm (Pacific).

@atgo This should be fixed now.

Thanks! I'll report back if I see it again.