Common requests for limiting surveys according to user identity include:
- Only ask people with specific user rights (e.g., admins or autoconfirmed users)
- Only ask people using specific languages as their user interface (e.g., Spanish interface language but editing at an English wiki)
- Only ask people with specific preferences (e.g., all users with gender set to female)
- Only ask people who have opted into a particular Beta Feature
- Only ask people with a specific edit count (e.g., between 0 and 50 local edits)
- Only ask people with a specific account age (e.g., registered during the last year or more than X months old)
The point is to reach the people that you need to reach, without bothering the people the people that you don't need to reach.