Steps to replicate the issue (include links if applicable):
- create an account (e.g. NovemBot)
- create a bot password (e.g. NovemBot@Task_1)
- set up a bot on Toolforge to use the bot password
- set up a cron job to run the bot every half hour
- 3 notifications emails per day with the subject line "Login to Wikipedia as NovemBot from a device you have not recently used"
What should have happened instead?:
- no notification emails
Software version (skip for WMF-hosted wikis like Wikipedia):
Other information (browser name/version, screenshots, etc.):
- Even if working as designed, suggest fixing to reduce spam and banner blindness.