This happens when I see the alerts on the desktop site but don't read them. This results in them being greyed out on the desktop site. When I visit the mobile site after that, they are shown as though I haven't seen them. IOW, they show up in red saying I didn't see the alerts. They get greyed out only when I tap on them. This seems unnecessary.
Alerts in desktop site
Alerts in mobile site
Steps to reproduce
- Make sure you have some alerts
- Log in to the desktop site
- See the alerts i.e., don't take any actions available through the alerts
- Close the alert window (Number of alerts is shown greyed out)
- Log in to the mobile site
Number of alerts is shown greyed out.
Number of alerts is shown in red indicating I haven't seen them. To make things even worse, after I see the alerts in the mobile site they don't remain greyed out even after a simple refresh i.e., the red indicator pops up for the next page I load.