With v0.21.0 TagMultiselectWidget has been integrated into OOUI and since then, it has been proven its stability while being used successfully in prominent places like RCFilters and AdvancedSearch.
As a consequence, let's replace, deprecate and finally remove inferior CapsuleMultiselectWidget from OOUI. It would also improve situation for newcomers who need to decide what they are going for and having presented two mostly similar widgets.
- Replace (current known uses):
- MW core: HTMLForm capsulesWidget in multiselect.js
- MW core: CategoryMultiselectWidget (and dependent CategoryCapsuleItemWidget) in mw.widgets.CategoryMultiselectWidget.js – https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/417194
- MW Core: Special:APISandbox in mediawiki.special.apisandbox.js – https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/399427/
- Extension UploadWizard: CategoriesDetailsWidget extends CapsuleMultiselectWidget
- Extension:AdvancedSearch – https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/AdvancedSearch/+/439916/
- Deprecate in OOUI – https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/443107 – v0.27.5
- Remove in v0.29.0