Hi, we'd like to have our new extension's table reviewed.
- The schema: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/EGPR/browse/master/sql/tables.sql
- Where to run those changes: on a central database, centralauth sounds most suitable, though we're open to other suggestions. Our table even references a CentralAuth table though there are currently no joins that use that.
- When to run those changes: after the extension's deployment has been agreed upon.
- Whether the schema change is backwards compatible: new extension
- Whether the schema change has been tested already on some of the test/beta wikis: can be tested on http://commtech.wmflabs.org/wiki/Main_Page and the beta cluster
- Whether the data should be available on labs replicas: just like user_properties, this data is private. Just like that table we can expose rows with gp_property='gender'.
- Predicted usage:
- Say 10k regular users * 10 preferences each * 10 just in case = 1M rows on centralauth.global_preferences.
- For local preference overrides, rows are added to local wikis' user_properties tables. Say, 20% of users would want to override a couple of settings - that would be up to 400k rows across all SUL wikis.