The documentation sprint is a session that will take place during the 3 days of the hackathon. Its main goal is to improve user-documentation about Wikidata, Wikibase, Toolforge, Cloud VPS, MediaWiki, and other projects.
The room is called Seminaris B, or QC0015. Route is described here
The main topics we suggest are:
- Wikidata newcomers documentation
- Lexicographical data documentation
- Wikibase installation and configuration
- Slidedeck of Wikidata-based tools
- Cloud Services newcomers documentation
- Discussing, testing, and helping with the ongoing updates to the Documentation/Style guide
But you can submit any other topic! Feel free to create tasks and attach them to this one.
Participants can work alone or in teams. Anyone is welcome to join at any moment during the event, join a team or not, work on one of the suggested topics or not. Organizers will provide advices to help participants to build a good documentation. Non-tech people welcome. People will be able to attend remotely.
Needs: a dedicated place, quiet but close to the developers zone, where people can stay and work together. Clear visual communication "documentation corner". Tables, powerplugs, projector, whiteboards, post-its.
Organizers: @Lea_Lacroix_WMDE and @johl and @srodlund and @Quiddity