db2012 has been substituted by db2042- after one week, it is working properly -proceed to decommission.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use - should be done by DBA team
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration - should be done by DBA team
- - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed - should be done by DBA team
- - remove site.pp (replace with role(spare::system) if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.) - should be done by DBA team https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/source/operations-puppet/browse/production/manifests/site.pp;ade72f787fb587b8cb191ca38b7e3392f1778d58$598
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS - please assign to @RobH for the non-interrupt steps
- - disable puppet on host
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) - asw-a-codfw:ge-6/0/11
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - add system to decommission tracking google sheet
- - mgmt dns entries removed.