There are currently no policies or guidelines for the use of @wikimedia.se e-mail addresses (other than this). This should be addressed and the currently used e-mails surveyed.
There are personal addresses for staff, board, volunteers as well as functional e-mail addresses. These are never retired so there are still addresses for former staff/board/volunteers as well as functional addresses for retired projects. This is also true, although to a lesser extent for some of the other domain names managed by WMSE.
As a result of this:
- we have so many active e-mail addresses that it is hard to get an overview of who has them
- there is no overview (either internally or externally) of which functional addresses we have and which get used where
- e-mails sent to addresses of former staff/board/volunteers likely go unanswered
- there are no guidelines for how received mail should be handled (from a GDPR point of view), e.g. disallowing forwarding these to non-EU hosted webbmail services
- there are no guidelines for how to deal with theoretical abuse (i.e. someone using an e-mail to make statements in the name of the organisation)
A non-public list of the addresses (functional and personal) can be found in this spreadsheet on Drive.