This will take some time, so the plan would be to chip away at this when time allows. It should not distract from more important sprint work. The task is mostly mechanical and potentially tedious but needs to be done!
To make progress, we will live with both jsduck and jsdoc temporarily until the migration is complete, merging as we go along.
- Read http://usejsdoc.org/
- Read http://usejsdoc.org/ and http://usejsdoc.org/about-configuring-jsdoc.html
- Translate existing JSDuck configurations as wanted into new configuration files in MobileFrontend and MinervaNeue
- Add temporary jsdoc script to package.json
- Replace JSDuck syntax with JSDoc syntax; if this is done over several passes, exclude the updated files from the JSDuck config
- Give JSDuck and JSDoc the ol' switcheroo in MobileFrontend and MinervaNeue.
[x]le JSDuck is entirely scrubbed from the repo (includes rg jsduck and all JSDuck-syntax, package dependencies, etc).
- Move jsdoc package.json script to doc
sign off steps
- Ensure MobileFrontend docs show up on https://doc.wikimedia.org/ and are being updated with every commit