Steps to reproduce
- Create an account and login
- Upload one image
- Visit your uploads page in mobileview
The image is displayed
The image is displayed with a loading spinner that persists indefinitely
- Chromium v64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 17.10 (64-bit)
It seems that when the number of uploaded medias is nonzero and may be fetched in a single request, the loading spinner never disappears.
- Ubuntu v17.10
- English (beta cluster)
This appears to be viewport specific and happens when the viewport cannot be scrolled. If you minimise your window the spinner disappears. This is thus a problem for the InfiniteScroll module.
The InfiniteScroll module should fire an event straight away as it cannot rely on scrolling.
Probably fire _onScroll when constructing it https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-MobileFrontend/blob/master/resources/mobile.infiniteScroll/InfiniteScroll.js#L59
- Infinite scrolling works well on short pages like the uploads page with just one image
- Infinite scrolling keeps working fine on long pages
- Other uses of infinite scrolling are unaffected by the fix (resources/mobile.watchlist/WatchList.js, resources/mobile.gallery/PhotoList.js, resources/mobile.categories.overlays/CategoryOverlay.js)
On a mobile browser and desktop browser test the following:
- Visit https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Uploads/Wik781. Confirm no spinner shown
- Confirm images display as you scroll on https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Uploads/Kaldari
- Visit https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Uploads/jdlrobson - https://commons.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/File:Screenshot_of_the_wiki_page_for_Bassie_and_Adriaan_2013-06-05_11-07.png should be the last image, after which no spinner should show.