Step of Reproduce
- Go to https://en.m.wikiversity.org
- Click On Menu and then Random.
should be shown only Root Random pages
There is some page comes, which is not Root Page.
The problem is that Wikiversity and like sister project have their main content in Root Pages. Subpage may be in bad condition. So Project like Wikiversity needs only show root pages.
On beta cluster verify that
- on mobile web, link to random page points to a random article
- Edit the randompage-url and put different location - the Random menu entry should point to that new location
We have a very similar handling when it comes to inserting community portal link (https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-skins-MinervaNeue/blob/42dce8db1a96ce3f2c5d419b2e95dc03fb7b2284/includes/menu/Definitions.php#L301).
In order to make this work please
- refactor insertCommunityPortal() into sth like buildMenuEntryFromMediaWikiMessage( $message ), and instead of hardcoded Portal-url use the $message variable
- the insertCommunityPortal() method should call buildMenuEntryFromMediaWikiMessage( 'Portal-url' )
- the insertRandomLink() method should call buildMenuEntryFromMediaWikiMessage( 'Random-url' )