On the Cyphomenes anisitsii page on the English Wikipedia, there was a superfluous <nowiki/> tag in the source—[[Venezuela]] <nowiki/>first described—which somehow caused certain kinds of edits to the page to get mangled. If you delete the <nowiki/> tag, which you can try in the below sandbox page, this doesn't happen.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Deskana_(WMF)/Cyphomenes_anisitsii, which is a copy of the page as it was when it still had the <nowiki/> tag in it.
- Edit with the visual editor
- In the second sentence of the first paragraph:
- Change 2018 to 2017
- Change one to some
- Change is to are
- Delete reference 3
The sentence is As of 2017, some subspecies are listed in the Catalogue of Life, Cyphomenes anisitsii ornatissmus.
The sentence is As of 2718somene subspecieareis listed in the Catalogue of Life, Cyphomenes anisitsii ornatissmus.
Other steps to reproduce:
- Go to https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ida_Kami%C5%84ska
- Edit it with the visual editor (i.e. click "Aldatu")
- Open the find dialogue
- Type "Varsovia"
Varsovia is highlighted.
oviako A is highlighted.
This problem does not occur if you edit a version that has the <nowiki/> tags removed.