db1009 was the old m5 master, and it was failed over to db1073.
Wait a few days and then proceed to decommission it
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use - should be done by DBA team https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/420293/
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration - should be done by DBA team
- - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed - should be done by DBA team
- - remove site.pp (replace with role(spare::system) if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.) - should be done by DBA team: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/420295/
- - ping @chasemp to get the ACL for 10.64.0.13 cleaned up T189216#4060598 (and IRC)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS - please assign to @RobH for the non-interrupt steps
- - disable puppet on host
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) asw-a-eqiad:ge-2/0/8
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - IF DECOM: system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - IF DECOM: switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - IF DECOM: add system to decommission tracking google sheet
- - IF DECOM: mgmt dns entries removed.