Page MenuHomePhabricator

Invisible templates are unexpectedly large
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The note to indicate the presence of an "invisible" templates is now unexpectedly large:

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMar 8 2018, 11:12 PM
Deskana triaged this task as Unbreak Now! priority.Mar 8 2018, 11:14 PM
Restricted Application added subscribers: Liuxinyu970226, TerraCodes. · View Herald TranscriptMar 8 2018, 11:14 PM
Deskana moved this task from To Triage to Current work on the VisualEditor board.Mar 8 2018, 11:14 PM
Deskana edited projects, added VisualEditor (Current work); removed VisualEditor.
DLynch claimed this task.Mar 9 2018, 1:17 AM
DLynch added a subscriber: DLynch.

Let's see... bisect says introduced in 55a30052a89e2a662568f90acaf40d9e8763b0b5, which was an update-submodule commit, and looking through that... 5f6664e2eadc23c2f041ec53a4ee31dd88bab5d0 caused this.

Change 417479 had a related patch set uploaded (by DLynch; owner: DLynch):
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@master] ce.MWTransclusionNode: increase invisible selector specificity

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/417479

Change 417479 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@master] ce.MWTransclusionNode: increase invisible selector specificity

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/417479

Change 417775 had a related patch set uploaded (by Jforrester; owner: DLynch):
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@wmf/1.31.0-wmf.24] ce.MWTransclusionNode: increase invisible selector specificity

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/417775

Jdforrester-WMF added a subscriber: Jdforrester-WMF.

Made a back-port, but I won't be around to deploy it, sorry.

Note that how the mark is handled also blocks editing. I wrote about this in T189659 but it was closed as a duplicate. Blocking editing isn't the same as the mark simply being large.

It's just the wrong font size causing it to be overlaid on the text and blocking its editing.

It looks like this:


It's supposed to look like this:

Just fixing the font size fixes the issue.

It's all fixed on beta, we're just awaiting deploy. That back-port James made has languished over the weekend.

The SWAT deployment had some problems (the person doing the deploy didn't have time to deploy all of the scheduled patches) and I only noticed that five minutes before the deployment window ended. Let's try again in the next one: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments#deploycal-item-20180314T2300

Change 417775 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/VisualEditor@wmf/1.31.0-wmf.24] ce.MWTransclusionNode: increase invisible selector specificity

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/417775

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-03-15T00:02:20Z] <tgr@tin> Synchronized php-1.31.0-wmf.24/extensions/VisualEditor/modules/ve-mw: VE fixes: T189267, T189381 (duration: 01m 16s)

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-03-15T00:03:46Z] <tgr@tin> Synchronized php-1.31.0-wmf.25/extensions/VisualEditor/modules/ve-mw: VE fixes: T189267, T189381 (duration: 01m 15s)

matmarex closed this task as Resolved.Mar 15 2018, 12:48 AM
matmarex removed a project: Patch-For-Review.

The fix is live on all Wikimedia wikis now.