There might be an error during the attempt to upload the file to commons so that the user cannot be forwarded to the special page.
The list of errors can be found in T189570: Show meaningful error messages if import fails
Show a warning on an error page on the target wiki with a note on what went wrong.
with a link back to the source wiki
v3 Acceptance Criteria
- There is an error page that non-media wiki core errors can be routed to.
- The error page should appear for all errors that cannot be resolved from within the FileImporter.
- All errors that can be detected even before hitting the import button immediately lead to that error page
- Errors that occur after hitting the import button (such as abusefilter rule failures) also lead to that error page
- The link on the error page points to the source wiki's file location
- The error messages displayed correspond to the error that occured.
- In T189570: Show meaningful error messages if import fails for all errors, we can see the current state of what happens right now, so that we can create follow up tickets for full "correct error page handling"