This checklist is able to be copied and pasted into phabricator hardware request tasks for reclaiming systems to spare or decom.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
- - assign role::spare::system in site.pp
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) asw-c-eqiad:ge-4/0/0
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare) https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/424703/
- - remove production dns entries https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/424705/
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - IF DECOM: system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - IF DECOM: switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - IF DECOM: add system to decommission tracking google sheet
- - IF DECOM: mgmt dns entries removed.
- - IF RECLAIM: system added back to spares tracking (by onsite)