As part of the system to communicate errors and warnings in Content Translation (T189488), we want to surface issues such as the title containing invalid characters as illustrated below:
- We'll show the error after the user edited the title (or initially if the user already loads a translation with such problem).
- The publish button will be disabled while the issue remains.
- An error marker will be shown next to the title.
- The error details will include a "learn more" pointing to a documentation page about titles (if available in the language),
- A "Fix problematic characters" action will transform the invalid title into a valid one (this changes the "Remove invalid characters" feature from the mockup)
In the future, following feature can be considered as extra:
- The problematic characters will be highlighted when the input focus is on the title.
Your translation title contains invalid characters
Some characters cannot be used in the title of pages for technical reasons.
Please, edit the title to avoid the problematic characters.
Currently, editors trying to publish a translation with an invalid title get the following message: