Project Name: toolsbeta
Type of quota increase requested: cpu & ram & instance count
Toolsbeta current quota usage is at:
Floating IPs: 0/1
Security Groups: 2/10
Floating IPs should be good since the only one available should be enough. Only the bastion may need it (and hopefully the GSoC candidates can use ProxyCommand so even bastion won't need it)
Security Groups doesn't apply to communications within the project, right? It should be good in that case.
cpu & ram & instance are definitely not enough to setup the instances for T190893.
For the listed instances are are almost definitely needed:
- toolsbeta-bastion-NN.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs -- Most dev-ing and testing should happen here, so m1.medium
- toolsbeta-k8s-etcd-NN.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs -- m1.small in tools
- toolsbeta-k8s-master-NN.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs -- m1.medium in tools, toolsbeta paws master is also m1.medium
- toolsbeta-flannel-etcd-NN.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs -- m1.small in tools
- toolsbeta-(grid-)?webgrid-generic-NNNN.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs -- toolsbeta-grid-webgrid-lighttpd-1.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs is m1.small
- toolsbeta-worker-NNNN.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs -- m1.large in tools, toolsbeta PAWS is also m1.large. Assuming at least m1.medium is needed
- toolsbeta-proxy-NN.toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs -- active proxy tools-proxy-02, being m1.medium, has / used 6.6G, 15-min loadavg 0.91, mem 3462 / 3955 free, assuming m1.small needed
With the above flavors (3 m1.medium, 4 m1.small), this brings at least 7 additional instance, 10 VCPU & 20G RAM.
We currently have 3 m1.large instances (toolsbeta-paws-worker-100[1-3].toolsbeta.eqiad.wmflabs), Maybe we can release one or two of those and/or use a smaller flavor?