Community consultation: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Fragen_zur_Wikipedia#Seitenvorschaubilder_(Page_Previews). Results preferred on for anons and new accounts. The changes for new accounts will be tracked under T191888: Change page previews configuration for opt-in accounts. Based on consultation, we should deploy the second change sometime between now and the end of May.
- all subtask of epic reviewed and resolved(if not removed as subtasks) - all currently in signoff.
- Community consultation for behavior for logged-in users started and any follow ups outlined by @CKoerner_WMF have been added here.
- T189906 has been completed and VirtualPageViews is enabled on all wikis
- Patches relating to T190188 are on English and German Wikipedia
- @CKoerner_WMF has reviewed blockers and ticked this box personally to say they are correct
- @ovasileva has reviewed blockers and ticked this box personally to say they are correct
- @Jdlrobson has reviewed blockers and ticked this box personally to say they are correct
- @Nirzar has reviewed blockers and ticked this box personally to say they are correct
- All boxes in the blockers have been ticked. We're ready to go!
- Patch is written per developer notes.
- Deploy is scheduled and a meeting is added to the calendar. @ABorbaWMF , a design rep and @ovasileva should be available for testing.
The deploy script should take care of the following
- wgPopupsAnonsExperimentalGroupSize should be set to 0 for all wikis ('default'). Counter-intuitively this means Popups is enabled to 100% of anons. Note given the value of wmgUsePopups this will not enable Popups for non-wikipedias
- Verify that Page previews is showing on all wikipedias for anonymous users and for logged in (only if opted in) - I suggest testing Spanish, German, Hebrew. Be careful to test anonymous behaviour in an incognito window as you may have previously been opted in via the footer)
- Verify that the rate of events for VirtualPageViews is still at healthy values (estimated average: ~700-800 events/sec; may be above or below that depending on time of day and day of week). Errors are around normal rate.
- Verify that page previews remains disabled on all other projects e.g. Wikidata, Wiktionary, English Wikipedia
- Green light from @ABorbaWMF to sync - QA done by @ovasileva
- Green light from @Nirzar to sync - QA done by @alexhollender
- Green light from @ovasileva to sync
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Release_timeline has been updated
- Update team email li