Username: Urbanecm@Wikitech, Martin Urbanec@SUL
Full name: Martin Urbanec
Preffered shell username: urbanecm
Project being worked on: I work on Wikimedia-Site-requests work. I'd like to have deploy access because it'll allow me to help site requests work even more. Namely, throttling rules and similar urgent things can be done without any deploy window if needed, but often it's problem to find a deployer. I'd be able to act on server-side upload requests as well and of course, help with SWAT as well. This will mean access to the deployment host (deploy1001 and naos for deploying, terbium for scripts/server-side uploads)
Experience for this shell access
As explained above, I write patches for site requests on regular basis and because of that I use SWAT windows quite often. I think I became quite familiar with deploy process, such as roughly what to do if I want to deploy a patch, how to purge a static file, how to run a script and why I should want this particular script to be run.
Outside site-requests work, I'm a sysadmin at Wikimedia Czech Republic and I take care about two MediaWiki instances and one self-developed expense-tracking Django app.
Of course, I'm going to learn new things and I'm aware of the importance to be careful and ask a second opinion.
- Approval for direct supervisor: I don't have currently one, I talked about requesting this rights with @zeljkofilipin.
- Approval for project lead: this is to be asked to @greg
ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIArd1VWJLSPUzG+J758/6TtLeGNTWm2M4aNoaIZZdor urbanecm+wmnet@notebook
I had signed some NDA with WMF, not sure if a correct one.
SRE Clinic Duty Checklist for Access Requests
Most requirements are outlined on https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access
This checklist should be used on all access requests to ensure that all steps are covered. This includes expansion to access. Please do not check off items on the list below unless you are in Ops and have confirmed the step.
- - User has signed the L3 Acknowledgement of Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities Document.
- - User has a valid NDA on file with WMF legal. (This can be checked by Operations via the NDA tracking sheet & is included in all WMF Staff/Contractor hiring.)
- - User has provided the following: wikitech username, preferred shell username, email address, and full reasoning for access (including what commands and/or tasks they expect to perform.
- - User has provided a public SSH key. This ssh key pair should only be used for WMF cluster access, and not share with any other service (this includes not sharing with WMCS access, no shared keys.)
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponser for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
- - sudo/deployment requests: all sudo requests require explicit approval during the weekly operations team meeting. No sudo requests will be approved outside of those meetings without the direct override of the Director of Operations.
- - Patchset for access request