The Popups EventLogging instrumentation still provides significant additional information compared the new VirtualPageView schema introduced for T182414: [Spike] How can we measure seen page previews with as high a degree of accuracy as possible?. But the Popups instrumentation is not used currently, and increases the size and complexity of the codebase. If we've decided we have no need to use it again, we should remove this code.
- ext.popups.core.previewCount is deleted from localStorage, if it's present.
- The ./counts module is removed.
- The following properties are removed from the BOOT action:
- The ./getBucket module is removed.
- The ./reducers/eventLogging module is removed.
- The ./changeListeners/eventLogging module is removed.
- The ./isEnabled module is tidied up by removing the bucket parameter.
- The wiring code in index.js is removed.
- The corresponding unit tests
- The actions.js has been audited and eventLogging only data on actions has been removed (like probably timedAction)
- This can be done by checking which action types the reducers/eventLogging was acting on, and check where they are triggered in the actions.js, and seeing if the info there is needed in other usages in other reducers.
Sign off steps
The following should be done as part of the sign off process:
- The Popups schema is marked as inactive.
- Record the assets size change by disabling the code.