The MobileWebMainMenuClickTracking schema does not work on desktop Minerva. It throws a client error.
Change the skin to MinervaNeue (e.g. by adding useskin=minerva as a URL parameter) and then use a menu item. The following error would be displayed in the Console of your web browser's Developer tools:
[MobileWebMainMenuClickTracking] Value null is the wrong type for property "mobileMode" (string expected)
This adds noise to the console and for completeness should take into the consideration that Minerva can be used on desktop.
Please delete based on whether we decide to keep or throw away the schema and move to "triaged but future" for estimation.
- Update schema version of MobileWebMainMenuClickTracking to revision 18203509
- Update MobileContext::getMode (resources/mobile.startup/context.js) to return "desktop" if return mw.config.get( 'wgMFMode' ) is undefined
- Rename mobileMode field to "mode" (per diff)
- Use a desktop browser with Minerva set via the query string
- Open main menu
*make sure your mediawiki instance is configured with the following in LocalSettings.php:
$wgMinervaSchemaMainMenuClickTrackingSampleRate = 1;
- Open a menu link in a new tab
Note: Sampling rate is set for 50% on the beta cluster. To replicate the issue there, try opening new tabs until the error presents itself.
Bug looks like this:
Note: On beta cluster this schema logs at 50% so this should happen on 1 in 2 pages.
- On beta cluster visit https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Transcluded_page?useskin=minerva and click a menu tab and ensure an event is set with desktop mode set.
- On beta cluster visit https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Transcluded_pageand click a menu tab and ensure an event is set with mobile mode set.
- On beta cluster visit https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Transcluded_pageand opt into beta. Click a menu tab and ensure an event is set with beta mode set.