We want to encourage more Wikimedians to talk about T2674: Allow users to be blocked from editing a specific article or all articles inside a namespace on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_health_initiative/Per-user_page,_namespace,_and_upload_blocking
We can add a temporary (7 days maximum) UI element to Special:Block that invites people to the project page. We will want to translate this to our top languages to encourage a diverse group of participants.
Here's a (extremely rudimentary) illustration of a potential UI element:
- On Special:Block a [TBD UI element] should appear. It should be unintrusive and not interrupt usage of the block tool.
- The text displayed should be: There is a discussion about changing this blocking tool. See the designs, read why, and join the discussion here.
- Should display in the user's language preference
- here should link to https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_health_initiative/Per-user_page,_namespace,_and_upload_blocking
- A close button, when clicked should make the element disappear & be remembered to not appear again on that device
- The UI element should only appear on all Wikimedia wikis for 7 days then be disabled permanently