Page MenuHomePhabricator

Schema change for new change_tag_def
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

After T190444: Add index on rc_namespace, rc_title, rc_timestamp on recentchanges table It would be great to apply this change

From the checklist at https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema_changes:

  1. ALTERs to run: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/430943/3/maintenance/archives/patch-change_tag_def.sql
  2. Where to run those changes: all.dblist
  3. When to run those changes: ?
  4. If the schema change is backwards compatible: Yes.
  5. If the schema change has been tested already on some of the test/beta wikis: Tested in beta cluster
  6. if the data should be made available on the labs replicas and/or dumps: Yes, data in this table is public (unless the wiki is private which we don't replicate at all)

This table will be empty and we won't write to it immediately

Event Timeline

Ladsgroup created this task.May 9 2018, 6:47 PM

CREATE TABLEs are not dangerous and they should not be blocked by #DBAs (any deployer can handle them), see instructions at https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema_changes#What_is_not_a_schema_change except in the case they contain private data.

Ladsgroup claimed this task.May 9 2018, 8:37 PM

Yes, you're right. i will handle this when it hits production.

Restricted Application added a project: User-Ladsgroup. · View Herald TranscriptMay 9 2018, 8:37 PM

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-05-11T11:48:57Z] <Amir1> making change_tag_def table on all wikis (T194302)

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '/home/ladsgroup/patch-change_tag_def.sql /* Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database::query www-' at line 1 (10.64.0.205)
/home/ladsgroup/patch-change_tag_def.sql
Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database::sourceStream
Table 'change_tag_def' already exists (10.64.0.205)
CREATE TABLE `change_tag_def` (\n ctd_id int unsigned NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,\n ctd_name varbinary(255) NOT NULL,\n ctd_user_defined tinyint(1) NOT NULL,\n ctd_count bigint unsigned NOT NULL default 0\n ) ENGINE=InnoDB\n

The first one happened when I added --query to the command so it tried to run the file address as the query. The second one happened because I ran test run on aawiki first to be sure it works correctly and then ran it again on all wikis which aawiki had it already, it's all good IMO. Is it happening still?

jcrespo added a comment.EditedMay 11 2018, 12:23 PM

It was just a heads up, if they are known, you can remove the tag. Just worried they hadn't been noticed and some tables would be missing. If you noticed them, no actionable (except resolve?).

Is it happening still?

Last occurence is 2018-05-11T11:44:18 I report immediately SQL syntax errors because either they are a chance they are fatal errors or under certain circumstances, point to security issues, so I like to keep an eye on them, if you can understand. I don't think it is the case here.

I don't think anything will happen but let's check in Monday and if nothing happened, we'll resolve this.

Lucas_Werkmeister_WMDE closed this task as Resolved.Jun 5 2018, 1:23 PM

Resolved per @Ladsgroup’s comment above.

Vvjjkkii renamed this task from Schema change for new change_tag_def to 19caaaaaaa.Jul 1 2018, 1:11 AM
Vvjjkkii reopened this task as Open.
Vvjjkkii removed Ladsgroup as the assignee of this task.
Vvjjkkii triaged this task as High priority.
Vvjjkkii updated the task description. (Show Details)
Vvjjkkii removed subscribers: Aklapper, gerritbot.
CommunityTechBot renamed this task from 19caaaaaaa to Schema change for new change_tag_def.Jul 1 2018, 2:45 PM
CommunityTechBot closed this task as Resolved.
CommunityTechBot assigned this task to Ladsgroup.
CommunityTechBot raised the priority of this task from High to Needs Triage.
CommunityTechBot updated the task description. (Show Details)
CommunityTechBot added subscribers: Aklapper, gerritbot.
mmodell changed the subtype of this task from "Task" to "Production Error".Aug 28 2019, 11:09 PM