Tracking task for the initial deployment of SDC General.
The basic functional is the ability to store and edit multi-lingual image captions in file description pages, using WikibaseMediaInfo in combination with SDC General. Having arbitrary statements on MediaInfo entities is not required, see T199352: Deploy Structured Data on Commons with arbitrary Statements for that.
This requires MCR milestone MCR-SDC-2
Top-level steps needed:
- MediaWiki database layer ready
- Production database ready: T198308: Enable MCR migration stage "write both, read new" on live systems
- MediaWiki storage layer ready: T207308: Deploy MCR storage layer on Commons for SDC
- MediaWiki front-end ready: T207309: Enable MCR migration stage "write both, read new" on Commons for SDC
- Existing extensions ready: T204582: Verify that abuse-/spam-related extensions work with Wikibase MediaInfo
- SDC code ready: T205732: Get WikibaseMediaInfo to the state that we're happy to proceed with initial production deployment (captions)
- SDC code deployment: T159708: Deploy WikibaseMediaInfo extension to production