It seems that there are many corrupted files in the cache :
Actually almost all images I tested (the one that works http://zone47.com/crotos/lab/cropper/get.php?q=21013224 )
By the way, I made a public presention in March about IIIF on Wikimedia projects at IIIF Biblissima meeting in Paris: http://www.biblissima-condorcet.fr/en/indexation-iconographique-sur-projets-wikimedia-iiif . Luckily the service worked well at that time. Many would be very happy to do more, but the instabaility of the service is today unfortunately a major obstacle to the development of IIIF in Wikimedia.
I'm sorry to say that this recurrent issue is very annoying, especially that there is no solution for users to fix it. Although my technical skills are limited, I would be happy to help if I can do something.
- Mentioned In
- T187872: Support IIIF Image API for thumbnailing & tiling of images
T173346: Implement IIIF support on Wikimedia Commons in relation with Structured Data on Commons
T89552: Implement International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) prototype service on Wikimedia labs
- Mentioned Here
- T89552: Implement International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) prototype service on Wikimedia labs
Thank you to look into this.
Maybe a more stustenable solution would be preferable but if we have the possibility to purge on demand occasionally the cache for corrupted files in cache, it could help a lot. The main issue for now is that when there are corrupted files, there is no solution for users to fix it, except to report the problem, that, as you point, comes up regularly.