Page MenuHomePhabricator

Form and Lexeme datatypes don't work anymore
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

It is currently not possible to make statements with properties of data type Lexeme or Form. However this did work earlier today. There are existing statements (for example: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Property:P5191). I can reproduce it on Wikidata and test.

Steps to reproduce:

  • go to Lexeme
  • start adding a new statement with a property of data type Lexeme (e.g. "derived from")
  • select the property by mouse or keyboard
  • see value input field not appear and instead see message show up as shown in screenshot

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a project: Wikidata. · View Herald TranscriptMay 23 2018, 7:23 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript
Lydia_Pintscher triaged this task as Unbreak Now! priority.May 23 2018, 7:24 PM
Lydia_Pintscher updated the task description. (Show Details)
Restricted Application added subscribers: Liuxinyu970226, TerraCodes. · View Herald TranscriptMay 23 2018, 7:24 PM

@Smalyshev adding you in the off chance this is in any way related to the reindexing.

Smalyshev added a comment.EditedMay 23 2018, 7:36 PM

I can add Lexeme values to https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4115189 just fine... Also, I do not believe this would be related to indexing.

I tried it on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Lexeme:L666 and I get the input field

Ok this is really weird. Some people on IRC have the issue and some not. Different code on different servers?

I see

1.32.0-wmf.5 (fda06ee)
14:24, 23 May 2018

I also see

MediaWiki 1.32.0-wmf.5 (fda06ee)
14:24, 23 May 2018

I'm using mw1267 as a server and for me Special:Version says 0.0.0 (4ec186e) 22 mei 2018 14:24 (for Lexeme)

For me:
1.32.0-wmf.5 (fda06ee)
16:24, 23 May 2018

@Mbch331: I'm also getting the same for WikibaseLexeme. That is the current deployed version.

@mmodell And I'm Special:Version gives the same version for MediaWiki as Lydia and you.

We are definitely running the same version of the code everywhere, it must be something else causing the inconsistent results.

Thank you for checking!

Lydia_Pintscher lowered the priority of this task from Unbreak Now! to High.May 24 2018, 9:34 AM

So, this seems to somehow be tied to user sessions / cookies.
We just fixed an occurrence for a user by removing their cookies.
If your experiencing this issue try deleting your cookies (logging out and back in might be enough) and report back.

Ok I deleted my cookies and that seems to have fixed it. Logging out and in again wasn't enough.
Thanks so much for investigating! Let's close this tomorrow if we don't hear more.

It worked for Micru as well after deleting cookies.

Found an affected client that carried a local storage entry MediaWikiModuleStore:wikidatawiki with a huge map of items. Removing this entry and reloading the page resolved the issue.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Features#Store

We probably need so way of cleaning such caches when we update. Otherwise these things will keep happening. Maybe some kind of version counter and some code on JS side that would clean all local storage if version is wrong?

Lydia_Pintscher closed this task as Resolved.May 25 2018, 10:29 AM
Lydia_Pintscher claimed this task.

Closing this now as deleting MediaWikiModuleStore:wikidatawiki does seem to solve the problem and we don't have more reports atm.

Vvjjkkii renamed this task from Form and Lexeme datatypes don't work anymore to hfcaaaaaaa.Jul 1 2018, 1:08 AM
Vvjjkkii reopened this task as Open.
Vvjjkkii removed Lydia_Pintscher as the assignee of this task.
Vvjjkkii updated the task description. (Show Details)
Vvjjkkii removed a subscriber: Aklapper.
CommunityTechBot renamed this task from hfcaaaaaaa to Form and Lexeme datatypes don't work anymore.Jul 2 2018, 1:33 PM
CommunityTechBot closed this task as Resolved.
CommunityTechBot assigned this task to Lydia_Pintscher.
CommunityTechBot updated the task description. (Show Details)
CommunityTechBot added a subscriber: Aklapper.

Found an affected client that carried a local storage entry MediaWikiModuleStore:wikidatawiki with a huge map of items. Removing this entry and reloading the page resolved the issue.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Features#Store

i just ran into an issue with this again while a data type id was changed, i wonder if we should come up with a "real" solution to this rather than telling users to clear their local storage

@Addshore No doubt about it. I did not want to create the impression that I consider it a valid approach to put that burden onto the end user (professional honor & UX-wise).

KaMan added a subscriber: KaMan.Oct 18 2018, 3:16 PM

@Addshore The thing seems to happen again with Senses. Some users ran into a "Handling of "wikibase-entityid" values is not yet supported." error message while adding the translation statement to a Sense.

So, this seems to somehow be tied to user sessions / cookies.
We just fixed an occurrence for a user by removing their cookies.
If your experiencing this issue try deleting your cookies (logging out and back in might be enough) and report back.

^^ same fix applies