This task will track the allocation and setup of labtestnet2003(WMF6469). This host was a spare pool allocation, and will need to be relocated from row C to row B.
Racking/Relocation Proposal: Unrack labtestnet2003(WMF6469) from D5-codfw and move into any 1G rack in row B. This will need to use the labs-hosts1-b-codfw vlan (like other labs hosts in codfw.) Please note, due to the relocation and allocation of a spare pool system, the checklist below has some different steps than usual.
- - relocate system from d5-codfw into any 1G rack in row b-codfw - please note the OLD/row D network port on this task so it can be properly disabled
- - update racktables and apply a new hostname label for labtestnet2003(WMF6469)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries updated hostname (check and ensure asset tag hostname entries exist)
- - add network port assignment to this task and assign task to @RobH
- end on-site specific steps - assign to @RobH for remainder
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation