This would collect tasks which are general investigations of an interesting topic, without a well-defined scope, deadline, or deliverable. Therefore, they're distinct from other tasks in that (1) they could be a good fit for spare time on a Friday and (2) they could be interesting to other analysts or researchers, including interns.
Current examples includes:
- T86189: Measure how autopromotion thresholds affect participation, vandalism, editor retention, etc.
- T142414: Investigate life-cycle trends in editing interface use
- T115724: Find out why the visual editor is so used at the Portuguese Wikipedia
- T150723: Investigate long-term decline in the number of new editors
- T157617: Investigate the content of mobile edits