In T175288 tin.eqiad.wmnet has been replaced by deploy1001.
tin can now be decom'ed or reclaimed. it is in eqiad row A, A4
decom steps have already started in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/420917/
This checklist is able to be copied and pasted into phabricator hardware request tasks for reclaiming systems to spare or decom.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare::system if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) asw-a-eqiad:ge-4/0/10
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - IF DECOM: system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - IF DECOM: switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - IF DECOM: add system to decommission tracking google sheet
- - IF DECOM: mgmt dns entries removed.