Page MenuHomePhabricator

Re-Re-Index Serbian Wikis after refactored plugins are deployed
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

We need to re-index Serbian-language wikis after the newly refactored extra-analysis-serbian plugin and config is deployed.

Event Timeline

TJones created this task.Jun 4 2018, 8:02 PM
TJones triaged this task as Normal priority.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Petar.petkovic. · View Herald TranscriptJun 4 2018, 8:02 PM
TJones added a comment.Jun 4 2018, 8:14 PM

@Gehel, I tried to reindex srwikiquote and extra-analysis-serbian does not appear to be deployed (neither is extra-analysis-slovak):

 Scanning available plugins...
	analysis-hebrew, analysis-icu, analysis-smartcn, analysis-stconvert, analysis-stempel
	analysis-ukrainian, experimental-highlighter, extra, ltr

I think I made a second mistake and failed to merge the new config, too—but one catastrophe at a time. Are the serbian and slovak plugins actually installed on eqiad?

srwikiquote is currently not using the Serbian stemmer/transliterator.

TJones added a comment.Jun 4 2018, 8:26 PM

@Gehel, Erik pointed me in the right direction to identify part of the problem. It looks like elastic1041 and elastic1043 still have extra-analysis installed and not extra-analysis-serbian and extra-analysis-slovak.

I poked at the clusters, elastic1041 and 1043 don't seem to have the new plugin.

A version check from dpkg confirms the new package version wasn't installed:

Correct version:

ebernhardson@elastic1020:~$ dpkg -s wmf-elasticsearch-search-plugins | grep Version
Version: 5.5.2-5~jessie

Wrong version:

ebernhardson@elastic1041:/usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins$ dpkg -s wmf-elasticsearch-search-plugins | grep Version
Version: 5.5.2-3~jessie

Change 437483 had a related patch set uploaded (by Tjones; owner: Tjones):
[mediawiki/extensions/CirrusSearch@master] Update Serbian Analysis Config After Plugin Refactor

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/437483

Change 437483 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/CirrusSearch@master] Update Serbian Analysis Config After Plugin Refactor

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/437483

Moving this back to "In Progress" to do the actual re-indexing. Need to wait for the patch to make it to production, then it's time to re-index!

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-06-18T02:27:48Z] <Trey314159> reindexing Serbian wikis on elastic@codfw (T196404)

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-06-18T18:41:18Z] <Trey314159> reindexing Serbian wikis on elastic@eqiad (T196404)

Vvjjkkii renamed this task from Re-Re-Index Serbian Wikis after refactored plugins are deployed to nnbaaaaaaa.Jul 1 2018, 1:05 AM
Vvjjkkii raised the priority of this task from Normal to High.
Vvjjkkii removed TJones as the assignee of this task.
Vvjjkkii updated the task description. (Show Details)
Vvjjkkii removed subscribers: gerritbot, Aklapper.
Petar.petkovic renamed this task from nnbaaaaaaa to Re-Re-Index Serbian Wikis after refactored plugins are deployed.Jul 1 2018, 11:06 PM
Petar.petkovic lowered the priority of this task from High to Normal.
Petar.petkovic assigned this task to TJones.
Petar.petkovic updated the task description. (Show Details)
Petar.petkovic added a subscriber: Aklapper.
TJones added a comment.Jul 2 2018, 2:38 PM

Thanks for cleaning up, @Petar.petkovic!

debt closed this task as Resolved.Jul 9 2018, 11:55 PM