This task will track the racking, setup, installation, and deployment of the new backup1001.eqiad.wmnet. This host is a direct replacement of helium.eqiad.wmnet. It does have more storage capacity (shelves).
Racking Proposal: This needs to be in a 10G networked rack, but can be in ANY 10G rack. It's location in relation to helium is immaterial, since heze will be decommissioned when this is fully online. Just put it in any 10G rack where you have the most power/space/network/access.
Disk Shelf Cabling: These should be wired in a series, taking up only one of the two ports of the external SAS controller. This leaves the other port open for other shelf additions at a later date.
backup1001 + backup1001-array1 + backup1001-array2:
- - receive in system on procurement task T186816
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update racktables (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation