Page MenuHomePhabricator

Failed to parse Upgrading instruction correctly in web installer
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The web installer can't parse Upgrading page and show wikitext source code.


This parsing result is correct, Upgrading page should be like it.

Related Objects

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJun 7 2018, 6:45 AM

Because this also affects REL1_31, so I added this as a blocker.

Change 437912 had a related patch set uploaded (by Legoktm; owner: Legoktm):
[mediawiki/core@master] Revert "docs: Rename README to README.md"

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/437912

Legoktm added a subscriber: Legoktm.Jun 7 2018, 6:58 AM

Because this also affects REL1_31, so I added this as a the blocker.

It does? I can't reproduce it on REL1_31:

Change 437912 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/core@master] Revert "docs: Rename README to README.md"

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/437912

Legoktm claimed this task.Jun 7 2018, 7:09 AM

I can reproduce it on the latest commit (34f4a89) of REL1_31.

RazeSoldier moved this task from Backlog to Core on the MW-1.31-release board.Jun 7 2018, 7:26 AM
RazeSoldier moved this task from Backlog to In progress on the MediaWiki-Installer board.
Legoktm added a subscriber: MaxSem.Jun 7 2018, 7:30 AM

Ohhh, this is UPGRADE, not README.

I git bisected and ended up with:

129067c907ea65f621ab64cdfff59fd2b28091e1 is the first bad commit
commit 129067c907ea65f621ab64cdfff59fd2b28091e1
Author: Max Semenik <maxsem.wiki@gmail.com>
Date:   Thu Nov 2 19:35:11 2017 -0700

    Remove nbsp and similar characters from section IDs
    
    Bug: T90902
    Change-Id: I71bdb7dd43c3e532287290e3c691d9739da45475

:100644 100644 4bfcfcb5dee0c941c7f13b1e318dcf96e13d5054 3688163f23634b58ec7424707ce2c875b8b10e73 M	RELEASE-NOTES-1.31
:040000 040000 a30016c7487ae6eea219e72603566ecc6245b7d3 57c1048022b7958dbfe2f78814f2f4442fe5eff7 M	includes
:040000 040000 1701cad6310da278b9f2642edf8a0e6a1612ab9f c6f639e191e6ada9887ac505332e13fd82377efc M	tests
RazeSoldier added a comment.EditedJun 7 2018, 7:37 AM

this is UPGRADE, not README.

So, you should revert your the revert patch. Release notes is not problem. :)

this is UPGRADE, not README.

So, you should revert your the revert patch. Release notes is not problem. :)

README was broken, just for other reasons.

Change 437921 had a related patch set uploaded (by Legoktm; owner: Legoktm):
[mediawiki/core@master] installer: Fix display of UPGRADE by disabling InterwikiLookup

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/437921

Change 438049 had a related patch set uploaded (by Chad; owner: Legoktm):
[mediawiki/core@REL1_31] installer: Fix display of UPGRADE by disabling InterwikiLookup

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/438049

Change 437921 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/core@master] installer: Fix display of UPGRADE by disabling InterwikiLookup

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/437921

Change 438049 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/core@REL1_31] installer: Fix display of UPGRADE by disabling InterwikiLookup

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/438049

RazeSoldier closed this task as Resolved.Jun 7 2018, 6:23 PM
RazeSoldier moved this task from Core to Done on the MW-1.31-release board.
RazeSoldier removed a project: Patch-For-Review.
Vvjjkkii renamed this task from Failed to parse Upgrading instruction correctly in web installer to 0hbaaaaaaa.Jul 1 2018, 1:05 AM
Vvjjkkii reopened this task as Open.
Vvjjkkii removed Legoktm as the assignee of this task.
Vvjjkkii triaged this task as High priority.
Vvjjkkii updated the task description. (Show Details)
Vvjjkkii removed subscribers: gerritbot, Aklapper.
CommunityTechBot renamed this task from 0hbaaaaaaa to Failed to parse Upgrading instruction correctly in web installer.Jul 2 2018, 3:13 PM
CommunityTechBot closed this task as Resolved.
CommunityTechBot assigned this task to Legoktm.
CommunityTechBot raised the priority of this task from High to Needs Triage.
CommunityTechBot updated the task description. (Show Details)
CommunityTechBot added subscribers: gerritbot, Aklapper.