The mission of the WMF Audiences Department's Growth team is to increase the retention of new editors in mid-size Wikipedias. Because of the New Editor Experiences research done in Czech and Korean wikis, those two wikis will be the main places where the Growth team will deploy and observe new functionality built to increase retention.
Before the team decides exactly what our first projects will be, we want to have a sense of what help capabilities currently exist in those wikis, and how well they might be working.
The task here is, for both Korean and Czech wikis, to:
- List the various modules, pages, gadgets, directories, and other efforts to help onboard new editors.
- Include links to the capabilities.
- Include the daily average pageviews (calculated over the past year).
- Include some notes or descriptions on the unique characteristics of those capabilities and any thoughts on whether they are valuable or not.
- Indicate which of the capabilities are linked from the home page of the wiki, and which "type" they are (list exists in accompanying spreadsheet).
This task will include an accompanying spreadsheet template to help structure the information, along with examples from English Wikipedia.
Note that it is not necessary that every help page is listed -- it is sufficient for a subset of the most important ones are included.
Target date for this task is 2018-07-13.