Page MenuHomePhabricator

Convert UserExport to use extension registration
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Details

Related Gerrit Patches:
mediawiki/extensions/UserExport : masterTweak README
mediawiki/extensions/UserExport : masterConvert UserExport to use extension registration

Related Objects

View Standalone Graph
This task is connected to more than 200 other tasks. Only direct parents and subtasks are shown here. Use View Standalone Graph to show more of the graph.

Event Timeline

MarcoAurelio triaged this task as Low priority.Jun 14 2018, 10:05 AM
MarcoAurelio created this task.
Restricted Application added a project: User-MarcoAurelio. · View Herald TranscriptJun 14 2018, 10:05 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript

Change 440392 had a related patch set uploaded (by MarcoAurelio; owner: MarcoAurelio):
[mediawiki/extensions/UserExport@master] Convert UserExport to use extension registration

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/440392

Change 440392 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/UserExport@master] Convert UserExport to use extension registration

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/440392

MarcoAurelio closed this task as Resolved.Jun 20 2018, 4:01 PM
MarcoAurelio moved this task from working on to cabinet on the User-MarcoAurelio board.
Kghbln added a comment.EditedJun 21 2018, 2:42 PM

@MarcoAurelio Could this release please be tagged as 1.3.0? So far all releases were tagged, e.g. with git tag -a 1.3.0 ede1663aec7f77e98641fa94e1bd7916a2a98650 -m 2018-06-20

Hi @Kghbln - I've never used the git tag command or worked with tags before. Do I need to do anything else beside issuing the command you posted above? Regards.

Reedy added a subscriber: Reedy.Jun 21 2018, 3:40 PM

git push --tags (and have the rights to do so)

Ok so

  1. git clone the repo locally
  2. issue the command above
  3. git push --tags

in that order.

@MarcoAurelio Exactly. I suspect that you will fail due to missing permission to push tags.

I have updated the repository permissions and granted the required access to do this.

$ git push --tags
Counting objects: 1, done.
Writing objects: 100% (1/1), 166 bytes | 166.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 1 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Processing changes: done
To ssh://gerrit.wikimedia.org:29418/mediawiki/extensions/UserExport
 * [new tag]         1.3.0 -> 1.3.0

I have updated the repository permissions and granted the required access to do this.

Cool. Can everybody do this? If yes, how?

$ git push --tags ...

Wonderful. You are the best! Thanks a ton!

I have updated the repository permissions and granted the required access to do this.

Cool. Can everybody do this? If yes, how?

Nope. In this case members of extension-UserExport and mediawiki (and gerrit administrators of course).

$ git push --tags ...

Wonderful. You are the best! Thanks a ton!

You're too kind. Now I see that maybe I could have done the same using the web UI at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/UserExport,tags

Nope. In this case members of extension-UserExport and mediawiki (and gerrit administrators of course).

This would have been to easy. ;)

Now I see that maybe I could have done the same using the web UI at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/UserExport,tags

Looks like it. Perhaps a new thing provided by the new gerrit interface. I guess this is good to know if this works.

Change 441415 had a related patch set uploaded (by Kghbln; owner: Kghbln):
[mediawiki/extensions/UserExport@master] Tweak README

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/441415

Change 441415 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/UserExport@master] Tweak README

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/441415

MarcoAurelio added a comment.EditedJun 22 2018, 7:43 AM

@Kghbln I was stubborn and deleted tag 1.3.0 and recreated it with your commit at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/mediawiki/extensions/UserExport/+/refs/tags/1.3.0 using commit 281fdc8d34aa385f8a6c76ecc536422e2b38c7ae and comment 2018-06-20. I think it was importat to document the wfLoadExtension now that UserExport uses registration to load. If you could please verify all is alright I'd appreciate it. Best regards.

(note: I used the web UI this time)

Change 441533 had a related patch set uploaded (by MarcoAurelio; owner: Kghbln):
[mediawiki/extensions/UserExport@REL1_31] Tweak README

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/441533

Change 441533 abandoned by MarcoAurelio:
Tweak README

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/441533

Not sure if it'd be okay to pick our work to REL1_30 and REL1_31 of the extension. Who made those branches anyway?

@MarcoAurelio

If you could please verify all is alright I'd appreciate it. Best regards.

Just installed and used it on MW 1.31.0 - Working great with the correct revision of the code. Thanks a bunch for that extra.

Not sure if it'd be okay to pick our work to REL1_30 and REL1_31 of the extension. Who made those branches anyway?

This is done by the WMF repo admin at cutoff date for the respective REL. It could make sense to backport to REL1_31 since this is LTS. On the other hand we have tags for this extension so it is not utmost necessary.

Vvjjkkii renamed this task from Convert UserExport to use extension registration to t0aaaaaaaa.Jul 1 2018, 1:04 AM
Vvjjkkii reopened this task as Open.
Vvjjkkii removed MarcoAurelio as the assignee of this task.
Vvjjkkii raised the priority of this task from Low to High.
Vvjjkkii updated the task description. (Show Details)
Mainframe98 renamed this task from t0aaaaaaaa to Convert UserExport to use extension registration.Jul 1 2018, 7:06 AM
Mainframe98 closed this task as Resolved.
Mainframe98 assigned this task to MarcoAurelio.
Mainframe98 lowered the priority of this task from High to Low.
Mainframe98 updated the task description. (Show Details)