Some interactions in the banner are tracked with a low rate. We have been using our web analytics software for that and should now take a different approach, because requests to third-party servers are being prevented in test mode.
- Our web analytics server is not requested by our banners.
- An event logging schema is created.
- The event logging schema takes information on the banner name and the action that was triggered.
- The event logging schema is used, when one of the following actions are triggered by users:
- Banner close button is clicked
- Mobile mini banner is clicked to open the donation form
- The event logging schema is used when the banner detects that it would be too big for the view part and does not display. It records the viewport size so we can create more responsive banners.
- Banners on wikipedia.de still track the user interaction using our web analytics software.
- Outdated trackings (search field, annual plan) are removed.
Event logging schemas are defined on the meta-wiki.