The title isn't descriptive enough, but I wasn't able to depict what's happening succinctly. When content of table cell is deleted, error from the title of this ticket is logged in console and successive attempts to access the cell by double-clicking aresn't fruitful because we get the weird jump, and cell looks locked forever. Here is the screen recording showing the behavior.
Here is the transcript of my actions from the gif:
- Double click to access the cell with value "20"
- Move cursor to enable deleting with backspace key (using Del key gives the same result)
- Press backspace twice to delete cell value of "20"
- Focus is lost from the cell I'm currently editing
- Try to focus/edit same cell again. Double click the cell
- Browser window scrolls uncontrollably
- Scroll back down to see the cell in question and try again
- Trying one more time gives same result