Change: add to researchers group (https://github.com/wikimedia/puppet/blob/279baad47707c02b41a493f8f28894a3d0a64035/modules/admin/data/data.yaml#L120)
Background: Amir needs to run queries on analytics-store.eqiad.wmnet (dbstore1002), for which the normal process is to use the /etc/mysql/conf.d/research-client.cnf. He's already part of statistics-users, which I think should imply being part of researchers for what it's worth. But he needs the access either way.
SRE Clinic Duty Checklist for Access Requests
Most requirements are outlined on https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access
This checklist should be used on all access requests to ensure that all steps are covered. This includes expansion to access. Please do not check off items on the list below unless you are in Ops and have confirmed the step.
- - User has signed the L3 Acknowledgement of Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities Document.
- - User has a valid NDA on file with WMF legal. (This can be checked by Operations via the NDA tracking sheet & is included in all WMF Staff/Contractor hiring.)
- - User has provided the following: wikitech username, preferred shell username, email address, and full reasoning for access (including what commands and/or tasks they expect to perform.
- - User has provided a public SSH key. This ssh key pair should only be used for WMF cluster access, and not share with any other service (this includes not sharing with WMCS access, no shared keys.)
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponser for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
- - non-sudo requests: 3 business day wait must pass with no objections being noted on the task - 3 business day wait ends on Friday, June 29th, 2018.
- - Patchset for access request https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/442143