I just finished upgrading to MediaWiki 1.31 and updated VisualEditor and parsoid to match it.
Parsoid is at git revision: bbc56abd8fcc245876fc340723ed3431565b61d1
VisualEditor is on branch REL1_31
I have some wiki pages that were linking to files like this (this bypasses going through the File: info page for the file directly to the media, which has been useful with PDF to allow the browser to render it natively:
Upon loeading the page with VisualEditor, the content changes to a link like this:
This link is not valid and becomes broken on saving the page. If I replace the link with [[Special:FilePath/Test.pdf]] MediaWiki doesn't lose the link on the VisualEditor edit.
I can't tell which part is broken here, but I will do more digging if someone can suggest any tests to run. I have many extensions loaded but I tried this test with all of them disabled except for VisualEditor and could still reproduce this problem on an otherwise blank page.
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Uksrj2l3xk70ggm9 – another report of Media: being changed to //upload.wikimedia.org... (the Wikipedia equivalent of the Images/ file path)