In T198904: Fix nowiki's in-the-news section to work for apps users we found a problem with the user content that was being read for the feed. The news feed expects a particular format and we manually add wikis to the list of feeds. When the UGC went "bad" (non-conformant), the resulting output from the service was poor, to the extent that the feature looked broken in the apps.
This task is to consider whether we should do anything on the server side to try to prevent this becoming an issue.
- Should we drop a news item if it doesn't have a story?
- Should we drop the whole news property under certain conditions, let's say no news item has has a story?
- Drop a news item if it doesn't have a story
- Add a warning in the logs for when we drop a news item because it doesn't have a story
- Drop the whole news property:
- When there are no news items left on the key
The Drop the whole news property probably needs to be done in Restbase (via @bearND)