Page MenuHomePhabricator

"Fatal exception of type "Exception"" when using Special:LanguageStats on MediaWiki.org
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Copied from T160565#4405170

2018-07-07 09:25:54 [W0CHIQpAIC8AAKPYmWEAAADY] mw1326 mediawikiwiki 1.32.0-wmf.10 exception ERROR: [W0CHIQpAIC8AAKPYmWEAAADY] /w/index.php?title=Special:LanguageStats&language=zh&uselang=en   Exception from line 156 of /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/libs/objectcache/MemcachedBagOStuff.php: Key contains invalid characters: mediawikiwiki:SpecialLanguageStats%3A%3AmakeGroupRow:19-0-0-0--page-Extension%3AAzhàr_Authentication-en-zh {"exception_id":"W0CHIQpAIC8AAKPYmWEAAADY","exception_url":"/w/index.php?title=Special:LanguageStats&language=zh&uselang=en","caught_by":"mwe_handler"} 
[Exception Exception] (/srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/libs/objectcache/MemcachedBagOStuff.php:156) Key contains invalid characters: mediawikiwiki:SpecialLanguageStats%3A%3AmakeGroupRow:19-0-0-0--page-Extension%3AAzhàr_Authentication-en-zh
  #0 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/libs/objectcache/MemcachedPeclBagOStuff.php(154): MemcachedBagOStuff->validateKeyEncoding(string)
  #1 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/libs/objectcache/MemcachedBagOStuff.php(56): MemcachedPeclBagOStuff->getWithToken(string, NULL, integer)
  #2 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/libs/objectcache/BagOStuff.php(197): MemcachedBagOStuff->doGet(string, integer)
  #3 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/libs/objectcache/ReplicatedBagOStuff.php(80): BagOStuff->get(string, integer)
  #4 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/libs/objectcache/BagOStuff.php(197): ReplicatedBagOStuff->doGet(string, integer)
  #5 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/extensions/Translate/specials/SpecialLanguageStats.php(486): BagOStuff->get(string)
  #6 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/extensions/Translate/specials/SpecialLanguageStats.php(424): SpecialLanguageStats->makeGroupRow(WikiPageMessageGroup, array, AggregateMessageGroup)
  #7 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/extensions/Translate/specials/SpecialLanguageStats.php(434): SpecialLanguageStats->makeGroupGroup(WikiPageMessageGroup, array, AggregateMessageGroup)
  #8 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/extensions/Translate/specials/SpecialLanguageStats.php(381): SpecialLanguageStats->makeGroupGroup(array, array)
  #9 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/extensions/Translate/specials/SpecialLanguageStats.php(158): SpecialLanguageStats->getTable()
  #10 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(565): SpecialLanguageStats->execute(NULL)
  #11 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(569): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
  #12 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/MediaWiki.php(288): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
  #13 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/MediaWiki.php(867): MediaWiki->performRequest()
  #14 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/includes/MediaWiki.php(524): MediaWiki->main()
  #15 /srv/mediawiki/php-1.32.0-wmf.10/index.php(42): MediaWiki->run()
  #16 /srv/mediawiki/w/index.php(3): include(string)
  #17 {main}

This applies to ALL valid language codes, which shouldn't happen.

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJul 7 2018, 11:09 PM
Reedy updated the task description. (Show Details)Jul 8 2018, 12:35 AM

Possibly related, https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words/es is currently outputting [W0PdugpAAD4AACjgbZ8AAAAF] 2018-07-09 22:12:12: Fatal exception of type "Exception" - However, I cannot see any obvious problems in that page's translation history or content: https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Help:Magic_words/es&action=history and https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Help%3AMagic+words&action=page&filter=&language=es
I did try a purge, with no change.
I did Not try to "mark page ready for translation", because I don't have time to go through the extensive changes in the root page's content and also fix the markup. HTH.

Change 444863 had a related patch set uploaded (by Reedy; owner: Reedy):
[mediawiki/extensions/Translate@master] Prevent "Key contains invalid characters"

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/444863

Reedy added a subscriber: Reedy.Jul 10 2018, 12:05 PM

Possibly related, https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words/es is currently outputting [W0PdugpAAD4AACjgbZ8AAAAF] 2018-07-09 22:12:12: Fatal exception of type "Exception" - However, I cannot see any obvious problems in that page's translation history or content: https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Help:Magic_words/es&action=history and https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Help%3AMagic+words&action=page&filter=&language=es
I did try a purge, with no change.
I did Not try to "mark page ready for translation", because I don't have time to go through the extensive changes in the root page's content and also fix the markup. HTH.

It's a different bug. Will create a task

Aklapper triaged this task as High priority.Jul 11 2018, 10:04 AM
aaron closed this task as Resolved.Jul 11 2018, 10:06 AM
aaron claimed this task.
aaron added a subscriber: aaron.

Change 444863 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/Translate@master] Prevent "Key contains invalid characters"

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/444863

mmodell changed the subtype of this task from "Task" to "Production Error".Aug 28 2019, 11:09 PM